Friday, July 16, 2010

Reading 'Like Bees to Honey' and slaying a dragon or two...

I got swept up reading Caroline Smailes's 'Like Bees to Honey' this morning. It was serialized across 31 blogs. Sigh, unfortunately the widget containing chapter 4 malfunctioned and it's no longer available. Trying to decide if I should skip chapter 4 (they are brief chapters) and see if I can catch up or jump into some writing of my own. Laughing...or maybe have a nap. I am tired darn it! Hmmm, so what else is new, huh?

I'm working on a new post. If I don't chuck it or decide to post something else first it will be one on gardening. I think I've hit on a way to work through some of the writing issues Ive been having. I'm starting a document every 2 or 3 days on Goggle Docs, I jot down things of interest, quotes, and notes, do writing prompts and exercises, and write about things on my mind. Over the course of a day or three (whatever it takes), I'm going back and working on poems and stories; pulling posts together; re-writing, polishing, and editing until I have something.

It seems to be working so far...I'm feeling positive and more relaxed about it. Pieces get done when they are done. I'm being creative and writing every day while pacing and working on not overloading. While I haven't slain all the dragons, I am learning to cope...layer by layer.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment