Monday, July 12, 2010

Stray birds of summer...


Stray birds of summer come to my window
to sing and fly away.

~ excerpted from a poem by Tagore


I've rediscovered Twitter. (It never appealed much to me before just for social networking.). I've found it's full of poets, writers, and artists. All sharing their work...who knew? Now that's a different story!

Been busy reading poems and microfiction, tweeting a little, looking up information on short poetry forms (haiku, micropoetry, gogyohka, tanka...and more), browsing writing and poetry websites, and writing a bit between naps. Alternating activities so I don't get too overloaded. It's been a welcome diversion.

I've been writing 'minimalist' poetry for about 7 years now. Choosing words carefully, making each word count, trying to paint vivid pictures in a few words. Other than haiku, I didn't know so many short forms of unrhymed poetry existed. It's absolutely delicious! I'm thrilled and, at the same time, a little in awe! Just what I needed to get me writing more again.

No comments:

Post a Comment